Clock

My sister showed me this cute clock she wanted to buy and the crafter in me said, "We can easily make that ourselves".
We got our 40% off coupons for Michael's and went to look at clock hands. They seems too much money even with the coupon. Walmart Super Center was right next door and we found these for only $5.
Alyssa bought a piece of scrapbook paper and i used one i had at home. We have been blessed with a very talented father and got him to cut us our round base. Then using some other supplies I already had (vinyl, Mod Podge, Spray Adhesive, Sponge brush, sandpaper and paint) we made our clocks! 

Here is the finished product!


The things i learned from doing this project are:
1. Use spray adhesive to glue down large piece of paper and not mod podge. I didn't have the spray adhesive with me the day we started the clocks and my sister used mod podge and it bubbled! Once it dried it flattened but that might have been just lucky.
2. After gluing down the paper, use sandpaper and gently sand down the edges. This step blends the paper better into the wood for a more even look.


I love being crafty!

6 comments:

Sheri said...

I am inlove with that adorable clock! What a great gift idea.......thanks so much for sharing.
Oh and I love that shelf (and everything on it) you have it on.

Anonymous said...

wow look at you! was this your old house or here in reginaƉ you have great taste once we are back in calgary together you are going to have to help me with my house

Nena said...

Oh I love that! And thanks for the tip on the spray adhesive - I HATE mod podge for exactly that reason - I never know if it will actually dry flat or not! lol

Leah Karch said...

SO cute! I love it! Good job.

The Heavenor's said...

OH my goodess Tar! Only you can do this, so cute! Your place looks awesome, and that clock is adorable! Just in love with it all! Couch looks great too ;)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...