JOB

I got a job! I am excited. I start Monday, pretty fast but they needed someone asap and I really like the sounds of this company, so I didn't want to pass it up.

I am going to be working as a senior administration assistant for a company called Walker Projects. Pay is pretty good, a bit less than what I left at in Calgary before I went on maternity leave but pretty close. But the Employment agency i went through said that Calgary's salaries are higher than Regina, so really I shouldn't complain. After the 3 month probation period, I get pretty good benefits and honestly I am soooo excited to go to the dentist. Its been over a year since we had benefits (Scott didn't get anything through school and doesn't get any from his new job, since he is just getting paid as a scholarship), therefore been awhile since we have gone to the dentist. It is also time for me to get new glasses and contacts. I have had the same glasses for 4.5 years and no contacts for so many years! Way over due, the last couple years we spent all our allowed funds in my last job's benefits on glasses and contacts for Scott and there we never anything left for me.

The other nice thing about this job is it isn't too far from Scott's work. We only have one car and Scott was taking the bus downtown but since I get a parking spot and he doesn't we will be car pooling and I will be dropping him off and picking him up.

The lady that is going to be watching Boston is only like 5 doors down from us. We just have to walk him over, which is also going to be very nice. Won't have to make an extra stop on the drive to drop him off. 

Overall I am pretty excited about the change. I hope it all turns out as good as it looks right now on this post!

On a funny note, Scott's mom keeps on saying that Boston is going to a group home. Haha!

1 comment:

Allison said...

Congrats Fullmers! That's so exciting and it sounds like things have worked out just perfectly- not a coincidence I'm sure. I can't wait to hear more about it- and 3 cheers for benefits, Steve and I were just talking about how we need to start using ours instead of just paying for things ourselves. Thank goodness Boston isn't going to a group home, I don't think he'd fit in, day home yes, group home no :) Love you guys!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...