Happy Birthday Dad!

I wanted to do a little shout out to my father! He turned 60 years old on the 17th.

The reasons why Edwin Leo Woolley is the best day ever:
1. He never gets mad... the only times growing up that I can remember him getting mad was when one of the kids upset mom.
2. He loves my mom. He does everything for her. My mom is like me and loves list and she makes a "honey to do list" and he actually does them! My parents are a great example of a happy eternal couple.
3. He is strong in the church. My dad knows everything to do with the church (well at least my simple level questions). He always has callings that devote a lot of time and he never complains and goes about his calling loving it.
4. My dad is always giving. He and my mom have tired their hardest to make sure us kids had everything we needed. We all played sports growing up and they made sure they had the money to support us, even when they had no money themselves.
5. He has a great personality. My dad makes jokes all the time, some aren’t so funny, but the way he smiles and laughs at his jokes you can’t help but laugh too.
6. He is great at making breakfast! Every time I go to Sherwood Park to visit, he always makes a yummy breakfast! I also remember in High School and after when I still lived at home, my dad would also make my lunches!

I am sure i can go on forever, but to end it here are some pictures of my dad.

My dad and me at my wedding.

My dad a bit younger (this was the only picture i had on hand, i took a picture of a picture)

My dad and my niece Katelyn this past summer.


So Happy 60th Dad! Love You!

3 comments:

The Heavenor's said...

Tara, that was so sweet! You are right, your dad is great! I remeber in highschool how you told me he would make your lunches, I was in shock! He is such a sweet loving dad, and that was a very nice tribute.

The Whiddens said...

I love the old picture of your mom and dad - they look so young!

jessica said...

Hey tara,
oh it was nice to see a picture of your mom and dad. Its been so long!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...