Nothing New

My visiting teachers came over this morning (who are awesome ladies by the way) and we got talking about our blogs... and i realized that i haven't updated it for a while. But nothing is exciting in our lives right now... so here is just a post of what i have been up to in my spare time. As most of you know I love decorating but we are trying to save up for New York this summer (which will be excited), so i have stopped buying new things and have attempted to try and update the old. These are my newest crafty projects....

Scott had this F in his room before we got married, so i made sure he brought it with him, when he moved in (other than his clothes, this was the only thing i think he bought). It use to be black, so i painted it white and added some blue paper to match our bedroom. I will admit, i messed up on the gluing of the paper the first time, so this is the second attempt.

I found this quote when we first got married and i wanted to add it to our bedroom in a cute way, at first i just put it in a frame, but a few weeks ago i decided to scrapbook it in a frame. It is also blue to match our bedroom.

This project i finished today. It is a pin board for my scrapbook room/office. I bought a cheap $30 mirror from ikea, took out the glass, bought cork from Michael's (with a 40% off coupon), mounted it on the cardboard the frame came in and covered with left over fabric from my apron. Now I just need to go and get some cute push pins.
This frame matches my other wire stuff in my scrapbook room perfectly. It was a great find. The wall color in the above picture is way off, as you can see from these pictures below, but i was too lazy to take it again.
Here is the apron i just mentioned, i got my friend to make me it around Christmas. I also got her to make one for my mother-in-law's Christmas present, but hers in blue flowers with strips instead of the dots. (All Amy Bulter fabric.) The picture isn't the best, but Scott is at work and i had no one to take the picture.

Well uploaded my pictures just now i found this one that Scott took of me. I remember him taking it and saying it was his favorite so far (he always takes pictures of me when I am sitting at my computer... he LOVES to bug me) but I never looked at it. I was busy focusing on working. I think the main reason he liked this picture so much was it had two of his favorite things in it. Me of course and a great shot of an apple computer.

6 comments:

the fellers said...

you are so cute, could you come and organize my house and decorate it cute?

Allison said...

I freaking LOVE your apron!!! Who is your friend and how much do I have to pay her to make me one??? Seriously.

Alana said...

Your house is so cute! You are a very talented decorator

amccollum said...

you are so creative, i want to be more like that!
-Andrea

The Heavenor's said...

Very cute Tara, that mirror turned out great, and I love the makeover on your letter F! Looks all very cute! And adorable apron!

Kim said...

Fun projects!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...