My Thoughts on Regina and our apartment after Week 1

The drive was better than expected; I was told it was boring and flat. I was surprised that I thought it was pretty and relaxing. But maybe after a few times back and forth my views on the drive will change.

Regina is bigger than I thought.


Regina has decent shopping. The two good things about the shopping is everything I need is right next to each other and not too far from where we live.


The University is a short walk away. Scott took us for a walk their on Saturday to see it and get all his books he needed. 


Scott got 5 books for his Masters program on Saturday and the price of all of them was the same as just one book he would have bought for his degree.

The place we are living in is okay… I said I would rather live here because it is bigger than our condo was, but Scott said he would rather live back in the condo because it is nicer (way nicer).


Scott is surprised about how good the MPA program. He comes home after class and cant stop talking about it.


We hate not having a dishwasher.


I love having no hallway to our apartment. Our door goes straight outside. 


I don’t like that when I open some of the cupboards, all I can smell is cigarette smoke.


Church here was okay. Nothing too exciting but happy to say at least 4 ladies are really nice!


They think Boston has a big head here, well at least one lady at church told me he did.


We get high speed internet on Friday! I will post pictures then… until then, I am enjoying this free slow internet provided to Regina by the government!

4 comments:

Allison said...

I love this update, especially the stuff about church, hehehe. People say weird things, Boston definitely doesn't have a big head, I was actually thinking he is a rather well proportioned little person. You should've told her it's because we are born with larger brains in Alberta... but then she might not have been very pleasant after... LOL Life with no dishwasher sucks indeed, guess what my Christmas present will probably be? I have started stock-piling paper plates etc... when they go on sale because well, I hate doing dishes!!! Ahhhhh I need to call you.

Sandra said...

: )

I'm not stalking you! I'm glad you are mostly enjoying Regina so far. We like having new people to hang out with here!

(Totally random, I had no idea you used to be roomies with Kristi Hawkes. She is one of my best friends!)

I hear you on the dishwasher. We just moved to a new house this spring and I FINALLY have a dishwasher! I lived without one for over 4 years.

I was perusing your blog and I have to say, I think you should come and interior decorate my home. I love your decorating style! Your old place was so nice : )

Anonymous said...

i found it!!!! give me some time to add, right now i dont haha

Anonymous said...

O i wanted to say i think she `thinks` he has a big head because of the no hair, i got the same thing with angie, but its just the lack of hair

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...