Dinner Calendar

My goal ever since I got married was to learn how to cook better. But that really wasn't the problem, my goal should have been planning meals better. I lack a plan when it comes to dinner. I went to this RS stake thing a month ago and this lady taught this great class about family meal planning. She was an amazing organized mom. She had plenty of great tips, but the one that i took from it was a calendar for your monthly meal planning. SO i designed one for myself. This is my first week at planning, but i am doing so good... very proud of myself. And most of all Scott is amazed!

Here is the plan planner i created. I just put it on my fridge.

Close up...
The calendar is just laminated and i use these planning markers that come off with water.

A few things other things she mentioned with her weekly meal planning was; every week she had a seafood dinner, chicken dinner, vegetarian dinner (she said this saves money), ect. She also said that in the summer, ever Fridays is fruit salad and fresh bread dinner. And winter is homemade soup and fresh bread Fridays.
I love chicken, so that will be one meal a week, one will be beef (Scott likes beef), one will be vegetarian and one fish. And there will be left over days as well, since it is just Scott and I. Maybe when i am home with a baby one day, i will try the fresh beard Fridays!

QUESTION: Anyone with a MAC, do you know who to make the pictures you attach, link to a bigger page when clicked on? Mine wont go bigger if clicked on them. If i add pictures of my work PC they go bigger... but not with my MAC. HELP!

5 comments:

Anona Adams Photography said...

Hey you, I totally know what you mean about the pictures not going bigger, but to tell you the truth, I only use Macs, and iMac and my Mac laptop and sometimes my pictures download and when clicked on become bigger and sometimes they don't so I don't have an answer.......LOVE the calendar. I have been trying to do this with us as well, just because number one it saves so much money! I was just wondering where you got your adorable calendar layout from?? Hope you guys are doing great!

Alana said...

This is so cute. Did you just make it on the computer this laminate it? I'm just wondering as I'm the Enrichment leader in my ward and think this would be a super cute (and useful) thing to make.

Scott and Tara said...

I did it all in word, used a 11x17 format. Created it using a table in word. Inserted digital scrapbooking paper and accessories behind the table. Then printed. You might want to PDF the document before you print it, especially if you go to Staples and get them to print the 11x17 (i printed mine at work). I have had my fonts not show up at staples computer because they dont have that fonts on theirs.
Anyways, they then laminate it for like 3 bucks. Then buy the planner markers from staples, they wipe off with water. And it is done! Very cute! I can send you the word document if you would like but the file might be too big to email. So i can send the PDF for an example! Let me know and give me your email address.

Anonymous said...

Tara, with your photo problem - are you using some program on your MAC or Blogger's online interface? Another question - do you know any HTML?

the fellers said...

hey, for some dumb reason I missed these last couple of posts....as for your mac question I had the same problem, and called mac to ask....so tell me if you have tried this or not, BUT you have to export it out of you iPhoto to be a bigger size, THEN attach it....so you open iPhoto, click on the picture(s) that you want to use, go to "file" then "export", then change "kind" to "jpeg" and change your "size" to whatever, I usually use medium, but large would make it bigger...obviously....then click "export"....I usually send it to my desktop. Then when I put it in blogger, I attach my pictures from the desktop...let me know if that works, you probably have figured it out by now, cause it HAS been a month! Also, the dinner menu, laminated, is a GREAT idea...with dry erase markers....GENIUS! I need to do that, rather than print one or make a new one every month! thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...