Baby Room Bookcase

I lined the back of Boston's bookcase with coordinating fabric that matches his bedding and accent pillow here. I love how it turned out. I didn't want to do anything to bold considering we will be moving in a year and who knows where the bookcase will end up. The fabric is a very small print and hard to capture on a camera especially when I don't know how to take good pictures yet... so sorry for the bad after picture.

Before
After (still need to do a little more accessorizing)
Close up on the fabric
To line the back of the bookcase, I took the back off the IKEA Billy bookcase (see below for another idea)With the help of my husband, I would use spray adhesive and spray a section of the board and then smoothed the fabric along the board. Once completed, I flipped the board around and using duct tape, stretched and taped the fabric to the back of the board. Since it was midnight when all of this was happening, I waited for morning before I nailed the board back into place.

On The Nate Show one day, Nate cut out a piece of cardboard for each section of the bookcase. He then covered the cardboard with fabric and just inserted the cardboard into the bookcase fitting tightly in the back. This method would be perfect for any built-in bookcases.

Instead of fabric, you could also use wrapping paper or wallpaper. My our old place, this bookcase was in our spare room before we had a baby. I lined it with wrapping paper. This was the only picture I could find of my hard work. The room was a mess... I can tell from the picture that we were getting ready for the baby because that big box in the right of the picture is the crib.

More of Boston's room coming later this week.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...