New Pillows

While in Arizona, I picked up some home decor fabric that was on sale at Jo-Ann Fabric's. My colors in my living room are red and medium green. Most reds don't look good on my dark couch (I won't go this dark next couch purchase) but I came across a pattern that I knew it would be perfect.


The green pattern is kind of a risky choice. But I saw it and then saw the price and thought, maybe one pillow in it for summer might be nice fun and different?! Bad choice?





I just sewed simple covers with a slit opening in the back.


A little hint that i have found. Use NICE pillow inserts when you are sewing your own pillow covers. Out of all the pillow covers I have attempted to sew over the years, they always turn out best if I use a Pottery Barn pillow insert! I am sure there are other really good inserts but I have yet to personally come across them. The Pottery Barn ones are very thick and are made with feathers... maybe that makes all the difference?


I bought at the end of the season sale last year outdoor pillows from Restoration Hardware. The pillows are blue with grey stripes, but due to the small outdoor living space in our rental, the only thing I have outside if a small bistro table and chairs set. These pretty pillows are too big for the chairs. 
But the two matching pillows that have been on my couch (see below) over the last 8 months happen to also be outdoor pillows purchased at Superstore at the end of the season. 




They are about half the thickness and a few inches shorter. Since the cover isn't removable, they have gotten pretty nasty on my couch due to baby spit up and food. I decided these would be the best cushions for outside. I went to our local one and only fabric store and started the hunt for blue and grey outdoor fabric. Mostly everything I could find was blue and brown. As I was about to leave I spotted the perfect fabric in the clearance section and the best part was it was only $7 a meter. Sold!




Any day now I am going to be attempting to plant some flowers in two pots I recently purchased at JYSK. Never planted flowers before (my mom did them for me but now I live 8 hours from here). Wish me luck! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...