Pain x2

Pain #1 - I need to eat better and then my dumb body will improve its health. I am lucky to have a lot of traits from my mom’s side, but unfortunately I also have a few traits that I am not so fortunate to have. One of which caused me pain when I was 15… After a year of pain the doctors finally found out I had gall stones and I had my gallbladder removed. My mom had hers removed too and so did a few other people in her family.

Now 11 years later that one little non existent gallbladder is causing my problems again! I guess they don’t remove the ducts and the ducts can still cause stones or mucus and pain. 5 months ago I had major pain for a few days, went to the doctor at a walk in clinic and he said, you have gas. Had it again this weekend, felt like I was in labour, literally! Went to the ER, they said, you have gall stones. I said, but I don’t have a gall bladder! Spent about 15 hours in the hospital (they sent me home to sleep and then come back in the morning) and almost 24 hours after the level 10 pain was gone and I was only at about a level 3, they finally got me into an ultrasound and found nothing. I felt like such a loser at that point. I wasted so many peoples time for nothing! My only thoughts are, 1. They missed it, or 2. I passed it, or 3. It is something else (and no it isn't gas).


This was my weekend and the worst part was Scott’s parents came to visit. I felt like I ruined their trip, but really I think they came to see Boston and they got tons of quality time with him. He was one happy boy all weekend.

Boston at Burger King with his grandparents. I guess he was really putting on a show and the manager gave him a free ice cream!
I don’t eat terrible; I guess I am just more likely to have a bad reaction to foods than most people. I am happy that I know it is my “gallbladder” causing my pains. I needed something to really kick my butt into gear and get healthy. I have lost 9 pounds in 5 weeks, I joined weight watchers again with a girl from work. Still have about 15 pounds to go till all my clothes will fit me again and anything more than that will be even better.

Funny picture Scott sent me on Sunday while i was waiting for the ultrasound.
Pain # 2 - Boston had his 18 months shots last week. The highlights from the experience are:

We met another Boston at the clinic. He was 5.

The nurse asked us if Boston runs, builds blocks, etc. Then she asked us if he says “NO”. I was like, actually he doesn’t say no. Then she got a worried look on her face and was like, does he say anything? We mentioned something’s he says and she changed her expression to surprised and said, wow, barely any kids come here and hasn’t picked up, no. I didn’t tell her it is because our child is so well behaved we don’t have to ever use the word no, haha, Yah RIGHT!

The nurse told us we can feed our child ice cream! He refuses milk since we took away the bottle about 2 months ago and since he is in the 35% in weight and just over 50% in height, she said, ice cream was a good way to get calcium into him and also fat.

He cried and cried the next morning (his shots were at 6pm that night before). I texted my child care lady at lunch to see how he was doing and she said "Actually he was pretty happy/hyper all morning". Then i responded, "either the Tylenol helped or he likes you better!" 

This week was a week that i really wished we lived somewhere with family. Our daycare lady was sick Wednesday and Thursday. Talk about stressful trying to find someone to watch Boston at like 7 in the morning. We never found anyone on Wednesday, Scott and i split the day and then luckily a friend who has helped us out before, watched him Thursday. He had so much fun playing at her house and with her two kids. Here is Boston making Gingerbread cookies at her house. Nena said he just wanted to eat the dough, definitely got that from his father.

3 comments:

Allison said...

Curse your phantom gall bladder! You poor girl, I'm sorry you've been having such a sucky time, sounds like it's getting better though. Sometimes health nurses like to scare mom's, remember that she doesn't fully know Boston's health history- did she know that he was a preemie? "No" could be just around the corner for him, it might just come a bit later and that's okay. There are also a ton of apps for iPod/iPad that I'm sure could help him and help you feel better about it. Kalea has been slower with words and things, but she's doing way better now. I think she's still a bit behind, but there are so many on-line resources and things that I think for the most part we're getting her to where she needs to be. I think part of her problem has also been how active/busy she is all the time, that to sit her down and get her attention to teach her words and stuff has been really hard until more recently. Thank goodness she is calming down!

Danielle said...

If he's not getting enough calcium, try giving him Tums. Yes I know...Tums! My son is allergic to milk protein. He's been on soy since he was a baby, and since I took the bottle away...he's not getting enough calcium either. So I give him one tums a day, and it's good. It was recommended by the pharmacist at the east Superstore!

Sheri said...

I feel so bad for you. I had surgery a couple times for a problem with my intestine closing at the point it connects to my stomach. I have had the same thing with tons of pain and throwing up and by the time I get an xray or ultrasound it seems to have opened up and I am left feeling exhausted and stupid! No fun at all.
Amazing work on the weightloss.....that is such a healthy rate to drop the 1-2 pounds a week!!! Keep it up.
Hooray for doctor approved icecream. Both of my kids were soy kids and when the bottle was taken away they went over a year each without milk. I honestly give them half/half of chocolate and white milk now and that works great. You can also get flinstone vitamins with calcium added.
Boston is so super cute in those pics.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...