One Word - Nourish

Have you heard of the one word goal for 2012? I have seen it all over the blog world (here is one example) and I heard a word that summed up my goals for the new year.

nour·ish
1. to sustain with food or nutriment; supply with what is necessary for life, health, and growth.
2. to cherish, foster, keep alive, etc.: He had long nourished the dream of living abroad.
3. to strengthen, build up, or promote: to nourish discontent among the workers; to nourish the arts in one's community.
(dictionary.com)

My goals for 2012.

Nourish my body - I started back on weight watchers in October and from my experience with weight loss/gain, i know i need to eat almost perfectly. I am starting this week working out on my lunch hour with a few people from work. Plus my work offers yoga every Tuesday right in my office.

Nourish relationships with friends and family - I love friends, I need friends. But I am too scared make friends. I'm hoping to move back to Edmonton in May and I'm looking forward to mending old friendships. It has been almost 8 years since I have lived in Edmonton (Sherwood Park). Luckily I get a long great with my family and when I am in town, we do things like movies, games, dinners, etc. and those are great friends to have.

Nourish me - I need to build myself up, I need to work on my happiness. I want to focus on doing things I love, like reading... over 2011 I think i maybe read... 1 book. I also love decorating, scrapbooking and doing crafts. I just need to make time and ask Scott for time so I can once again enjoy all the things that bring my a little bit of happiness.

Nourish my spirit and my families - I need to work on all spiritual aspects of my life. One small goal I have is to have Family Home Evening once a week.

2 comments:

Sheri said...

I LOVE this. Seriously, I think as mothers we forget how important it is to nourish ourselves so that we can then nourish our family.
Keep us updated on your progess.

Tanya said...

Tara, great minds think alike :) It'll be exciting if you move back here! I think this will be a great year for you, so good luck with everything!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...