Chicken Enchilada's


I made Scott's favourite Chicken Enchilada's for dinner tonight. We had the missionaries over and it seems we only make them when we have guest or when we are at my mom and dad's, its too big of meal for just the three of us.


I'm open to trying more recipes, leave me a link if you have another really good enchilada recipe!


If you are interested in making the recipe i linked above. Here is a few things i do differently.
1. I add a whole tub of cream-cheese and no cheddar cheese in the mixture.
2. I do like to add the can of green chilies but because its not the cheapest thing, I lately just add more cilantro. 
3. I normally use whole wheat tortillas, but white tastes better, so sometimes i go all out and buy white!
4. I add more salsa in the mixture than it calls for, since i added more cream-cheese than i was suppose to I need to equal it out.
5. And since i add more salsa and cream-cheese than i should, i add a bit more chicken too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have a really simple yummy one that is like a casserole so you dont have to roll them up! when i get back to canada i will get it its like lay down tortillas that are cut into 4's and then put chicken/cheese/sauce mix on then layer again, and top with cheese salsa and fresh cilantro

Kim said...

I've made this one before and it was soooo good. http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/2006/03/pineapple-salsa-chicken-enchiladas.html
It's a gluten free recipe too!! My parents both liked it too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...