Shopping Cart Fail

I have decided that shopping carts and Boston just don't get along. I see all the other kids sitting so perfectly in the carts enjoying the outing but not Boston. It is a huge struggle to get him to sit still in the cart. With that said... I have TWO fail stories to share!



Fail #1 - About a month ago, Boston and I were strolling down the aisle of Super Walmart. He likes to scream... scream a lot. I was trying to play games with him like peek a boo as much as I could to keep him entertained and quiet. At one point I was tired of keeping him quiet, that I was letting his scream for a few seconds as I looked at something on a shelf. Finally I looked down at him to tell him to stop yelling only to see that Boston had managed to shift the seat belt up around his NECK! I quickly undid the seat belt and told him about the boy who cried wolf, but I don't think he understood the moral of the story.

Fail #2 - On Saturday, Scott, Boston and I were all at Superstore. Boston was doing okay at sitting still with the two of us there. The check out line was very long. I got Scott to go into line as I went and grabbed the last couple of items. When I got back, Boston stood up in the cart (might I add that Superstore's carts don't have belts) and I grab him and held him for a few minutes till it was our turn to load the groceries. I put him back in the cart and let Scott watch him as I headed to the other end of the cart to load the food. Let me add that Scott started to read a magazine at some point. I was unloading the cart when I heard gasp behind me. I turned around to see Boston had managed to put both his legs into one of the holes where you should only have one leg and had slid down the hole of the cart. The only thing that stopped him from falling to the ground has his big head. Boston was literally hanging from his neck! Scott grabs Boston feet to prevent him from falling any more and I grabbed his head and pulled him back up. Oh the looks and shocked faces around... I can still picture them now. Before you judge too much, Boston didn't even cry, wasn't hurt, no bruises!

Maybe Boston knows how unsafe shopping carts really are? Maybe he is just one smart kid and knows the danger that his parents keep putting him in?? Or maybe I just have a child that won't sit still?!

3 comments:

Sheri said...

That made my heart pound just reading that!!! YIKES
I refuse to shop anywhere without 2 seat belts for my kids (luckily superstore here has them and they retract tightly to hold them in) but your first story sure proves that wrong. So scary.

Allison said...

I hate shopping carts! It's probably the main reason that I don't take my kids shopping with me, I cannot handle the stress of trying to keep them safe and get my groceries! Kalea likes to stand up and tap dance on the seat part that you flip down? Yeah, really fun... I'm glad Boston is such a stinker too!

Kim said...

scary! But just to make you feel better..."this is only the beginning!!" haha!! He's sure cute :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...